76. Purdue — Hope is not a strategy — he’s a coach tasked with rebuilding the Boilermakers.
77. Kansas State — The Bill Snyder Era, version 2.0, might not have a promising start; neither did the first.
78. Louisiana Tech — Better than much of the WAC but still not in Boise State’s tier.
79. Temple — Thirty years since last postseason appearance, Golden’s Owls could break through.
80. UTEP — Lots of experience and friendly schedule make Miners a C-USA sleeper.
81. Bowling Green — In muddled MAC East, Falcons could take flight in first year under Clawson.
82. Central Florida — Former Maryland coordinators Taaffe and Blackney reunited in Orlando.
83. UNLV — Despite progress, Rebels still look like a second-division Mountain West team.
84. Northern Illinois — Last year’s MAC surprise could net school’s first back-to-back bowl berths.
85. Washington — Huskies simply cannot be as atrocious as last year; doesn’t mean they’ll be scary.
86. Rice — Key cogs in pitch-and-catch offense gone, but Owls still can go bowling.
87. Syracuse — Orange might not be good, but there’s hope with new coach (and alum) Marrone.
88. Texas A&M — Looking like a Big 12 South cellar dweller thanks to Baylor’s improvement.
89. Mississippi State — New coach Mullen certain to wish he had his old QB Tebow a few times.
90. Arkansas State — Go ahead and bank six wins for remarkably steady Red Wolves.