- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Rankings for all 120 Division I football teams
Question of the Day
91. New Mexico — Might be a step back for Lobos before moving forward under Locksley.
92. Florida Atlantic — Improved play from QB Smith could vault Owls even higher.
93. Hawaii — Unveiling the Big McMackin value meal: Would you like tact with that?
94. Marshall — Snyder’s seat has to be toasty after four straight losing seasons.
95. Akron — The new: Zips open new stadium; the old: Zips to finish in middle of MAC.
96. Indiana — At least the basketball team will be much-improved this season.
97. Ohio — Solich, Bobcats need to stem decline of back-to-back middling seasons.
98. San Jose State — Midpack Spartans good at beating bad teams, bad at beating good teams.
99. Ball State — With drastic change of cast, Cardinals back to the MAC’s crammed center.
100. Iowa State — New coach, same problems for bottom-of-the-Big 12 Cyclones.
101. Middle Tennessee — Blue Raiders go for two straight against Maryland with Sept. 19 visit to Byrd.
102. Wyoming — QB uncertainty won’t fix abysmal offense (119th in scoring) or horrid turnover ratio (118th).
103. Kent State — Golden Flashes’ upward mobility aided by return of tailback Jarvis.
104. Washington State — Cougars were dreadful a year ago, which makes “awful” a sign of progress.
105. Florida International — Not far removed from a winless year, Golden Panthers could be respectable.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at email@example.com.
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors