- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Rankings for all 120 Division I football teams
91. New Mexico — Might be a step back for Lobos before moving forward under Locksley.
92. Florida Atlantic — Improved play from QB Smith could vault Owls even higher.
93. Hawaii — Unveiling the Big McMackin value meal: Would you like tact with that?
94. Marshall — Snyder’s seat has to be toasty after four straight losing seasons.
95. Akron — The new: Zips open new stadium; the old: Zips to finish in middle of MAC.
96. Indiana — At least the basketball team will be much-improved this season.
97. Ohio — Solich, Bobcats need to stem decline of back-to-back middling seasons.
98. San Jose State — Midpack Spartans good at beating bad teams, bad at beating good teams.
99. Ball State — With drastic change of cast, Cardinals back to the MAC’s crammed center.
100. Iowa State — New coach, same problems for bottom-of-the-Big 12 Cyclones.
101. Middle Tennessee — Blue Raiders go for two straight against Maryland with Sept. 19 visit to Byrd.
102. Wyoming — QB uncertainty won’t fix abysmal offense (119th in scoring) or horrid turnover ratio (118th).
103. Kent State — Golden Flashes’ upward mobility aided by return of tailback Jarvis.
104. Washington State — Cougars were dreadful a year ago, which makes “awful” a sign of progress.
105. Florida International — Not far removed from a winless year, Golden Panthers could be respectable.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.