- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
SGT. SHAFT: Brain injury therapy available
I recently met with Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki and shared your combat-related traumatic brain injury (TBI) treatment concerns with him. He told me that he recently approved the purchase of a hyperbaric chamber for use in treating TBI patients at the Tampa Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center in Florida. “The VA will use this as a test in treating TBI patients to determine if there is any value in the use of the chamber as a method of patient care. We don’t know if it will result in any medical value, but if it helps our veterans feel better, that is good.”
The Department of Veterans Affairs will be putting on a clinic for recently injured veterans later this month. It is bringing in professionals to teach these injured veterans how to sail, kayak, surf, cycle and enjoy other types of summer sports activities. The event will take place in San Diego. Veterans with amputations, head injuries and other disabilities will be relearning how to be active after sudden life-changing trauma. Details are available at the Web site: www.summersportsclinic.va.gov.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.