- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Apology passion play
Select Democrats: for booing and mocking Mr. Bush during his 2005 State of the Union address.
And while the Democrats are at it, they might also demand formal apologies from other rude and loutish individuals:
Serena Williams: for her unsportsmanlike conduct at the U.S. Open last weekend.
Kanye West: for acting like a pompous jerk when he ripped the microphone out of 19-year-old Taylor Swift’s hands in the middle of her acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards. This is not the first time Mr. West has behaved boorishly; perhaps he should stand in the well and make repeated apologies. (See Mr. Kerry, above.)
Some of these people, like Mr. Wilson, have already offered apologies for their behavior. But that doesn’t seem to matter much to the Democrats. Perhaps Mr. Wilson should stand before his colleagues with this list and hang his head in shame only when all of the others do.
Something tells me that the well of the House won’t be a very busy place.
Monica Crowley is a nationally syndicated radio host, a panelist on “The McLaughlin Group” and a Fox News contributor.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Get Breaking Alerts
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- House votes for bargain to end budget drama
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert