- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Cheney undergoing spinal surgery
Question of the Day
Former Vice President Dick Cheney was admitted to the George Washington University Hospital on Thursday morning for elective surgery on his spine.
Mr. Cheney's spokeswoman at the American Enterprise Institute, Lucy Tutwiler, said Dr. Anthony Caputy, chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery, will perform the operation to deal with a lumbar spinal stenosis.
Mr. Cheney, 68, is a trustee at AEI.
A spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal, which puts pressure on nerves, causing pain in the back, buttocks, thighs and calves.
About the Author
Jillian Badanes presents the day’s top news stories in the daily “Morning Briefing” video. Check out the latest “Morning Briefing” here. Jillian graduated from The George Washington University’s School of Media and Public Affairs with a major in Journalism and Mass Communication and a minor in International Politics. She spent her early years in London, England and Connecticut before ...
- Young embrace health care reform
- Shoppers cash in on e-coupons
- Cheney undergoing spinal surgery
- EXCLUSIVE: Wilson: Carter's racism claims a distraction
- Ebates.com links shoppers, store sites
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye ’16 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq