- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
Cheney undergoing spinal surgery
Former Vice President Dick Cheney was admitted to the George Washington University Hospital on Thursday morning for elective surgery on his spine.
Mr. Cheney's spokeswoman at the American Enterprise Institute, Lucy Tutwiler, said Dr. Anthony Caputy, chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery, will perform the operation to deal with a lumbar spinal stenosis.
Mr. Cheney, 68, is a trustee at AEI.
A spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal, which puts pressure on nerves, causing pain in the back, buttocks, thighs and calves.
About the Author
Jillian Badanes presents the day’s top news stories in the daily “Morning Briefing” video. Check out the latest “Morning Briefing” here. Jillian graduated from The George Washington University’s School of Media and Public Affairs with a major in Journalism and Mass Communication and a minor in International Politics. She spent her early years in London, England and Connecticut before ...
- Young embrace health care reform
- Shoppers cash in on e-coupons
- Cheney undergoing spinal surgery
- EXCLUSIVE: Wilson: Carter's racism claims a distraction
- Ebates.com links shoppers, store sites
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.