THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
Nebraska at Virginia Tech
Nebraska’s offense has looked like one of the best in the country so far, racking up nearly 1,000 yards in two games. But the Hokies have won their past 31 nonconference home games.
Tigers at Twins
With a four-game lead on Minnesota, Detroit appears to have the AL Central title in hand. But the teams play seven times down the stretch.
Middle Tennessee at Maryland
After looking horrid against Cal and barely getting past James Madison, the Terps need an easy victory. Problem is the Blue Raiders beat the Terps last year in Murfreesboro.
Giants at Cowboys
The only hope for the Redskins is the other NFC East teams beating one another up.
TWT FIVE GOOD PLAYERS ON THE ST. LOUIS RAMS
1. Steven Jackson - He has struggled a bit with injuries but has been one of the most versatile running backs in the NFL for five years, averaging nearly 1,500 yards from scrimmage a season.
2. Chris Long - The second pick in last year’s draft is one of the best young defensive players in the league. Last year he led all rookies in quarterback pressures and was tied for fourth with four sacks.
3. Josh Brown - He’s the fourth highest-scoring kicker since 2003. He has made kicks from more than 50 yards at a 63 percent clip, one of the best percentages in the league.
4. Jason Brown - The center was with Baltimore last year, when his blocking efforts helped the Ravens rush for nearly 2,800 yards. He played in all 16 games each of the past three years.
5. Donnie Jones - He’s the punter, so this is a reach. But he is a good one, posting a career gross average of 45.4 yards, the third best in history. His gross average of 50.0 yards a punt in 2008 is also the second best ever.View Entire Story
By Douglas Holtz-Eakin
The young drop coverage to avoid higher premiums
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
What does the middle-class conservative think about everything? Find out here.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
News and views on the Civil War.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc