- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
First Down: Top five hoops Hall of Fame classes
THURSDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Ol’ Ball Coach opens the college football season at 7 p.m., but the better game - Oregon at Boise State - is at 10:15. Both are on ESPN.
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS ” WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The Redskins’ incumbent kicker will get one last game situation to shine in his competition with journeyman Dave Rayner.
After a week working out in Florida, the No. 1 pick returns to the District - not to pitch but to keep working out.
Finally, he’s Maryland’s unquestioned starter at quarterback. He’ll be trying to orchestrate an upset at California.
The Redskins running back rips Riggo and rips his offensive line (again). How about ripping off a long run or two?
Quietly having his best season, the face of the Nationals franchise is on pace for more than 30 homers and 100 RBI.
TWT FIVE BEST BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME CLASSES
In honor of next week’s Naismith Hall of Fame induction class - which includes Michael Jordan, John Stockton and David Robinson - here are the top classes since the Hall opened:
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Search for missing Malaysian airliner widens as mystery deepens
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obamacare 3 million shy of target with 19 days left to sign up
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again