- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
First Down: Top five hoops Hall of Fame classes
Question of the Day
THURSDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Ol’ Ball Coach opens the college football season at 7 p.m., but the better game - Oregon at Boise State - is at 10:15. Both are on ESPN.
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS ” WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The Redskins’ incumbent kicker will get one last game situation to shine in his competition with journeyman Dave Rayner.
After a week working out in Florida, the No. 1 pick returns to the District - not to pitch but to keep working out.
Finally, he’s Maryland’s unquestioned starter at quarterback. He’ll be trying to orchestrate an upset at California.
The Redskins running back rips Riggo and rips his offensive line (again). How about ripping off a long run or two?
Quietly having his best season, the face of the Nationals franchise is on pace for more than 30 homers and 100 RBI.
TWT FIVE BEST BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME CLASSES
In honor of next week’s Naismith Hall of Fame induction class - which includes Michael Jordan, John Stockton and David Robinson - here are the top classes since the Hall opened:
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forged'
Latest Blog Entries
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whisky: U.K.-born expert
- Leon Panetta named as source of 'Zero Dark Thirty' scriptwriters information
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow