- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
GREEN & GLOVER: Animals house
Miss Jones, 31, signed on to be a spokeswoman for Oceana, an environmental advocacy group, last year. Since then, she’s been involved to save sharks in the biggest shark tank of them all - the U.S. Congress.
In fact, she says her character might have something in common with a politician or two. “I think [Betty] would get involved politically for selfish reasons. She is emotionally immature,” she says.
The actress told us her biggest objective while in town was to garner support for the Shark Conservation Act of 2009, which would prohibit shark finning - or cutting off the fins of sharks and throwing the bodies back into the sea.
A native of South Dakota, Miss Jones said she didn’t experience the majesty of the ocean until age 15, which has contributed to her heightened appreciation of the sea and its mysterious creatures.
Miss Jones explained that she just wrapped filming season three of the popular television show - and after taking a vacation will be back to work on season four.
Sounds as if on her vay-cay she might be trading her twin sets and hoop skirts for a wet suit, because she told us she wants to dive with Great Whites.
Hey, if she can swim with senators, “Jaws” is nothing.
Pink shows love
While January Jones was on a mission to save her friends with fins, rocker Pink, who performed at the Patriot Center on Monday night, gave a shout-out to first lady Michelle Obama for helping critters with fur.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again