- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
Browns’ Wright hurts leg
BEREA, OHIO (AP) - Browns starting cornerback Eric Wright was kept out of practice after injuring his right leg during Cleveland’s morning workout.
Wright got hurt during 7-on-7 drills about halfway through the first of the Browns’ two practices Tuesday. He was attended to on the sideline by trainers, who put an ice wrap on Wright’s leg. He limped to the team’s training facility for further treatment.
Wright’s injury appeared to be to his hamstring. It’s not yet known if it will keep him out of Saturday’s exhibition opener against Green Bay.
Before the evening practice session, Wright walked onto the field without a limp but did not have his helmet. He worked out on a hand bike as his teammates warmed up nearby.
A second-round pick in 2007, Wright had four interceptions last season. If he is out for any extended period, rookie Joe Haden would likely take his spot.
Haden is excited about the possibility of more playing time.
“Real excited,” said the seventh overall pick. “It definitely means a whole lot more playing time and that’s just more time to make plays. The only way that you make plays is out on the field. If I get a whole lot more time, I’m looking forward to that.”
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- BRUCE: The power of 'bossy'
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014