- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Too little cash to remove costly illegals?
The excuse that new U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) guidelines are driven by the agency’s limited resources is a bogus one (“Lack of resources lets ICE nab only riskiest of illegals,” Page 1, Monday).
It seems like just another ploy to boost President Obama’s plan for amnesty for 20 million illegals. I can see him now before his teleprompter bemoaning the fact that because we can only deport 400,000 illegals per year, we might as well let them stay.
ICE agents and unions have presented a scathing report on dismal leadership and a lack of confidence in their bosses. They know enforcement and attrition will get the job done when we rid the government of fifth-column politicians who favor criminals over American citizens and valued legal guests.
Mr. Obama and ICE Director John Morton are claiming lack of funds are to blame for an insufficient effort to secure America’s borders. Would an added $300 billion a year help? That’s how much the American taxpayer is paying to support illegals in this country. Presidents Roosevelt and Eisenhower had no problem reducing the illegal immigrant population - why does Mr. Obama have one?
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Get Breaking Alerts
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control