- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to President Clinton, book claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
Jimmy Johnson: ‘Survivor’ tougher than 3-a-days
Undeterred, he applied for the show in Nicaragua.
“Even though I’m getting up there in years, I said, `I’m going to give it one more shot,’” he said.
This time Johnson made the cut. He was part of a team of 10 contestants over the age of 40 competing against a group 30 and under.
Johnson returned several weeks ago to the Keys _ or “heaven,” as he called it. He’s now preparing for another NFL season as a commentator for Fox.
“There was absolutely no contact with the outside world in Nicaragua,” he said. “I’m catching up on the NFL now. I had to reintroduce myself to my wife when I came back. I found out who won the NBA championship, and I found out some college teams moved to a different conference.”
Johnson’s also catching up at the dinner table. He won’t say how much weight he lost on the “Survivor” diet, but with a laugh he said, “I’ve gained about half of it back.”
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.