- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where is U.N. condemnation of Lebanon?
Question of the Day
Despite the meeting of the United Nations Security Council following an unprovoked cross-border attack by Lebanese forces upon the Israelis, the only comment emanating from the international body has been one calling for calm on both sides (“U.N. disputes Lebanese claim Israel violated border,” Web, News, Aug. 4).
As the United Nations continually and obsessively meets to condemn Israel for the slightest suggestion of wrongdoing and delivers resolution after resolution against the country, no such U.N. resolution or inquiry is deemed appropriate for the Lebanese violence. That aggression could have sparked another regional or international conflict.
The thunderous silence of the United Nations in the face of aggression toward Israel is sickening in view of the enormously disproportionate attention shown toward the Jewish state. Where is the call for an international inquiry into the conduct of the Lebanese army? If an incident such as the interception of the Gaza “Freedom Flotilla” is deemed appropriate for U.N. involvement, why is the United Nations so muted? The international group’s moral compass appears to have been lost in the mire of its anti-Israel bias and hypocrisy.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Get Breaking Alerts
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: How many boondoggles to break the bank?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The problem is unenforced borders
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where are condolences for Jewish teens' deaths?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama welcomes illegals, ignores Americans
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals