- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
CB Thomas, S Johnson new Giants injured
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - The New York Giants‘ training camp injury list keeps growing.
Thomas had a minor leg injury. Johnson had back spasms and Brown had groin and hamstring injuries. Receiver Derek Hagan spent about a minute or two on the ground after being hit in the head by safety Michael Greco on a pass play at the University at Albany.
Starting cornerback Corey Webster (buttocks), Pro Bowl guard Chris Snee (knee) and Pro Bowl receiver Steve Smith (groin) also remain sidelined along with receiver Sinorice Moss (groin) and four tight ends, including starter Kevin Boss (ankle and hamstring).
Coach Tom Coughlin said it is likely that Bear Pascoe will be the only tight end available for Monday night’s preseason opener against the Jets at the New Meadowlands Stadium.
Coughlin scoffed at the idea of signing more tight ends.
“Do you know where we can find them?” he said. “You know how many teams in the league are looking for tight ends? Seriously, you saw when Dallas got just about wiped out the other night. It’s a nice idea but it’s not novel.”
The players will go out to dinner with the coaches on Thursday night as part of Coughlin’s annual training camp bonding activity.
Coughlin refused to say where the dinner would be held.
“Don’t show up at the same restaurant,” he told the media.
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Golden Hammer: Feds spend millions to train executives train in luxury
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again