- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Realtor profile: Belinda Beaudry
Company: Weichert, Realtors
Address: 3998 Fair Ridge Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033
Phone: 703/934-0400, ext. 121, office; 703/217-2295, cell
Year started: 1988
How did you get started in real estate? My degree is in sociology/anthropology, the study of mankind. Having been a social worker and working as a volunteer in the Fairfax County school system was a good foundation for working with people and solving problems. Flexibility also was a key as I had children in secondary school. I did informational interviews with two brokers before deciding to give real estate a try.
How long have you been with the current company? Since the beginning
Licenses and designations: Certified residential specialist; graduate, Realtor Institute
Associations: Northern Virginia Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors
Awards:NVAR Lifetime Top Producer
Greatest accomplishment in the past 12 months: I will have to go personal on this one. My brother and I were successful in moving our 93-year-old mother from independent to assisted living after a hip break and surgery. The folks who have gone through this passage will understand the trials and angst of this “accomplishment.”
Area of specialty: I have been 100 percent referral from the beginning of my career. I took all the rosters from the boards and committees on which I had served, and those names became the foundation of my business. I go where the referrals take me, which is all over Northern Virginia.
Highest-priced home sold: $1,400,000
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again