- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Indians activate RHP Talbot to start Saturday
Question of the Day
CLEVELAND (AP) - The Cleveland Indians have activated right-hander Mitch Talbot from the disabled list to start Saturday's game against the Seattle Mariners.
The Indians optioned right-hander Jess Todd to Triple-A Columbus of the International League to clear roster room.
Talbot has not pitched since July 29 because of a strained back. Acquired from Tampa Bay in December for catcher Kelly Shoppach, he has gone 8-9 with a 4.09 ERA in 20 starts for Cleveland.
Talbot gave up one run over three innings in a rehab start at short-season Class A Mahoning Valley on Monday.
Todd has a 7.50 ERA in six innings over five relief appearances with the Indians. He was 4-2 with a 3.48 ERA and four saves earlier this year with Columbus.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Chris Matthews: GOP less patriotic than South African white apartheid leaders
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'Economic Freedom Zones' for Detroit
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!