- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Burgess practices with Patriots
He earned Pro Bowl honors in his first two seasons with the Oakland Raiders, with 16 sacks in 2005 and 11 sacks in 2006.
Rookie inside linebacker Brandon Spikes, a second-round pick out of Florida, impressed in his first NFL game, a 27-24 win over New Orleans on Thursday. He had three solo tackles and five assists, and said he is making the adjustment to the Patriots‘ 3-4 alignment.
“It’s a change in the blocking schemes and how I take my reads, but it’s the same game,” he said.
He said he is already starting to work well together on the inside with Jerod Mayo.
“It’s fun to play next to him,” Spikes said. “I know he’s going to be there and make plays and I feel like I can do the same thing.”
Notes: The Patriots announced several roster moves Sunday. Veteran receiver Torry Holt, signed as a free agent in April, was placed on injured reserve with an undisclosed injury, while free agent rookie defensive back Ross Ventrone of Villanova was waived. The Patriots filled the roster spots by re-signing receiver Buddy Farnham, a rookie free agent from Brown who was cut on Aug. 9, and signing Brian Simmons, a rookie free agent offensive lineman from Oklahoma.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again