- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
5 Mexico MD’s charged over baby revived in coffin
PACHUCA, MEXICO (AP) - Mexican prosecutors have filed homicide charges against one doctor and lesser charges against four others in the case of a newborn baby who revived in her coffin after she was mistakenly declared dead.
Rodriguez said the death caused “great indignation and anger.”
During the wake, the baby’s parents heard a strange noise coming out of her little coffin and when they opened it found the baby crying. The baby was hospitalized, but died three days later of asphyxia.
Another doctor, Dario Davila, who allegedly hired Gijon improperly to take over his shifts at the hospital, faces charges of abuse of authority and misconduct, as does the hospital’s former director, his assistant and the head of the obstetrics department.
Doctors in Mexico often receive more money from private practice, but sometimes also keep themselves on the payrolls of state-run hospitals.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Sen. Rand Paul: Long-term unemployment benefits are disservice to workers
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!