- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The Obama holiday from reality
Question of the Day
As America symbolically burns, our president's family goes on vacation, apparently celebrating the devastation of the United States, its economy, its individual freedom and its very essence ("The big spender's armada to Spain," Page 2, Aug. 10)
The actions of President Obama constitute the most profound attempt by an American president in our history to ruin the nation. The stimulus and medical care laws have created a perpetual firestorm of debt. Democrats already had laid the groundwork for the financial crisis by forcing banks to make huge numbers of mortgage loans to people who could not repay them. Of course, the recent Democrat-passed financial regulation law completely ignores the government's role in causing the crisis in the first place, leaving the door wide open for the same thing to happen all over again.
Barack Obama and Michelle Obama relax as America's borders lie open and jobless numbers climb. Like Nero, Mr. Obama points the blaming finger elsewhere when he and his ilk in Congress have set the fire. The Obamas no doubt blame the capitalists, the chief executives and economic freedom itself for the destruction they seek to escape.
Salt Lake City
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power