- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
Vets group chief dies of heart attack
Family spokeswoman Nicole Ward said Mr. Radcliff died of heart attack Saturday at Marina del Rey Hospital.
Mr. Radcliff was a tireless worker for U.S. Vets, which helps thousands of veterans and their families find jobs, homes and counseling. The group recently broke ground on a $35 million affordable-housing complex for low-income vets in Los Angeles.
Mr. Radcliff joined the group in 1997 after his own struggle with substance abuse and homelessness.
He played guitar and went on tour with Stevie Wonder in the 1980s. He most recently played with a veterans band called Living Proof.
Testing for spill kill effort delayed
NEW ORLEANS | BP said engineers have delayed until Tuesday a test on whether it can begin pumping mud into the blown-out Gulf of Mexico well in hopes of choking it off for good.
The company said Monday the test was pushed back a day after a small leak was discovered in the hydraulic control system.
The test will last several hours. It involves probing the broken blowout preventer with an oil-like liquid to decide if it can handle the so-called “static kill” process.
If the test is successful, the company plans to start slowly pumping the heavy mud down the well as early as Tuesday.
BP engineers said the static kill may permanently plug the well, but they may not know for sure until they finish a relief well in another week or so.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014