- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama speaks first, thinks later
There appears to be a very disturbing pattern to President Obama’s recent pronouncements. During the past year, he has embarrassed the Supreme Court, called the Cambridge Police Department stupid, fired an innocent worker and, most recently, betrayed the people who lost their lives in the Twin Towers (“Obama’s mosque mess,” Comment & Analysis, Tuesday).
All of these decisions were made without considering the facts or consequences. Police departments across the country were appalled by his comments about police in Cambridge, Mass. A hardworking woman was fired because Mr. Obama failed to get all the facts and information before her dismissal. Now the president has really stepped into it with his comments concerning the mosque at Ground Zero. He apparently forgot that earlier this year, a car bomb was set to blow up in Times Square. Only by luck or the grace of God did the bomb fail to explode and were the lives of hundreds of people saved. Do you think the president would be supporting this new mosque if the bomb had exploded?
It’s time for Mr. Obama to grow up and take his job seriously.
ROBERT R. JACOBS
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- CPAC 2014: Huckabee says government impeding religious liberty
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine