- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama speaks first, thinks later
Question of the Day
There appears to be a very disturbing pattern to President Obama's recent pronouncements. During the past year, he has embarrassed the Supreme Court, called the Cambridge Police Department stupid, fired an innocent worker and, most recently, betrayed the people who lost their lives in the Twin Towers ("Obama's mosque mess," Comment & Analysis, Tuesday).
All of these decisions were made without considering the facts or consequences. Police departments across the country were appalled by his comments about police in Cambridge, Mass. A hardworking woman was fired because Mr. Obama failed to get all the facts and information before her dismissal. Now the president has really stepped into it with his comments concerning the mosque at Ground Zero. He apparently forgot that earlier this year, a car bomb was set to blow up in Times Square. Only by luck or the grace of God did the bomb fail to explode and were the lives of hundreds of people saved. Do you think the president would be supporting this new mosque if the bomb had exploded?
It's time for Mr. Obama to grow up and take his job seriously.
ROBERT R. JACOBS
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global