- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama speaks first, thinks later
There appears to be a very disturbing pattern to President Obama's recent pronouncements. During the past year, he has embarrassed the Supreme Court, called the Cambridge Police Department stupid, fired an innocent worker and, most recently, betrayed the people who lost their lives in the Twin Towers ("Obama's mosque mess," Comment & Analysis, Tuesday).
All of these decisions were made without considering the facts or consequences. Police departments across the country were appalled by his comments about police in Cambridge, Mass. A hardworking woman was fired because Mr. Obama failed to get all the facts and information before her dismissal. Now the president has really stepped into it with his comments concerning the mosque at Ground Zero. He apparently forgot that earlier this year, a car bomb was set to blow up in Times Square. Only by luck or the grace of God did the bomb fail to explode and were the lives of hundreds of people saved. Do you think the president would be supporting this new mosque if the bomb had exploded?
It's time for Mr. Obama to grow up and take his job seriously.
ROBERT R. JACOBS
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare