- Mexico plans how to safely box up recovered cobalt
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
5 remain in Miss Universe after donning gowns
LAS VEGAS (AP) - The Miss Universe pageant has been whittled to its final five contestants after swimsuit and evening gown competitions.
Now, it’s all about their interview skills.
Contestants from Ireland, Albania, South Africa, Guatemala and Puerto Rico were ousted Monday night after walking a Las Vegas stage in long, flowing gowns. Earlier they strutted the stage in violet bikinis.
The five finalists are: 22-year-old Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete, 19-year-old Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell, 24-year-old Miss Jamaica Yendi Phillipps, 23-year-old Miss Ukraine Anna Poslavska and 22-year-old Miss Philippines Venus Raj.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.
LAS VEGAS (AP) _ Just 10 contestants remain in the hunt for the Miss Universe title after a swimsuit competition.
Contestants from Belgium, France, Russia, Colombia and the Czech Republic were eliminated Monday night after modeling purple bikinis for judges, a Las Vegas Strip audience and a worldwide TV broadcast.
The finalists include: 20-year-old Miss Ireland Rozanna Purcell, 24-year-old Miss Albania Angela Martini, 22-year-old Miss Philippines Venus Raj, 24-year-old Miss Jamaica Yendi Phillipps and 22-year-old Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete.
Also in are: 22-year-old Miss South Africa Nicole Flint, 20-year-old Miss Guatemala Jessica Scheel, 19-year-old Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell, 23-year-old Miss Ukraine Anna Poslavska and 21-year-old Miss Puerto Rico Mariana Paola Vicente.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Susan Rice slams Russia, China on human rights
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Obama: Growing income inequality 'defining challenge' of this generation
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.