- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
Colts getting mixed results from rookie class
“I think the hardest part is learning all the checks and being loud,” Angerer said. “But if I’m going to make a mistake, I’d rather make it going fast than going slow.”
The biggest surprises since camp opened have been Moore, a running back who grew up in Indy; defensive lineman John Chick, who spent the last three seasons in the Canadian Football League; and tight end Brody Eldridge, a fifth-round pick who had 13 receptions in four seasons at Oklahoma.
All have exceeded expectations, and Eldridge got a vote of confidence from Indy’s offensive leader Sunday.
“I certainly didn’t know what to expect, and I don’t know what Bill and the personnel guys expected,” Manning said. “We can’t have a guy who is one dimensional. It would be too obvious to bring a guy in just to block in non-goal line situations, but he’s continuing to develop in the passing game. My guess is that he hasn’t had a lot of repetitions, so I think he’ll keep improving.”
“It’s a little tougher situation for Jerry because you’ve got me and Robert in front of him, so he’s got to get on the field somehow,” Freeney said. “There’s no rush because there’s no dire, dire need there. But he’s going to learn the system, he’s going to play Colts ball and whenever that happens, it happens.”
By Tammy Bruce
Sheryl Sandberg, Beyonce are bossy women trying to ban bossy from our vocabulary
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- As Ukraine crisis simmers, U.S. transport planes heading to Poland
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014