- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
NUGENT: The Middle East’s widdle Hitler
We yawn while Iran goes nuclear
Question of the Day
There are a few dangerous things we can all agree on. For example, we surely can agree it's not wise to pet rabid dogs, commune with grizzly bears, swim in piranha-infested rivers or, of course, take a ride with me in a rental car.
We also ought to be able to agree that a nuclear Iran is as dangerous as a goose-stepping Hitler was in September 1939, when his Nazi devil machine invaded Poland and then crushed the rest of Europe.
If the world learned anything from World War II, it should be never to have a policy of appeasement with a diabolical lunatic. Appeasement, which is really failing to do what is right and necessary, is a proven dangerous policy that ultimately is always more costly than doing what must be done in the here and now.
I'm all for nuclear power, but it makes zero sense to allow nuclear power to be placed in the hands of certifiable nuts such as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, quite possibly planet Earth's No. 1 certifiable dangerous nut.
There are numerous and varying estimates as to when Iran would be able to enrich enough uranium to make a nuclear weapon, but there is almost unanimous consensus that Iran will indeed try to make a nuclear weapon as soon as possible. The world can't let that happen. Sitting idly by and allowing weapons of mass destruction in the hands of religious kooks is crazier than the religious kook gaining access to weapons of mass destruction.
Based upon his numerous psychotic extermination statements about Israel, Mr. Ahmadinejad needs a strong dose of electroshock therapy, not his finger on a nuclear trigger. Other than the "blame America first" crowd and other leftist apologists, surely no one believes this international scab should ever have nuclear power.
Is there anyone who is not fried on LSD or is not an international terrorist supporter who seriously believes Iran will not try to develop a nuclear weapon?
So the question is: What does the world do about Iran trying to join the nuclear-weapons club within the next year or so? Will the world continue to bury its head in the sand and kick this nuclear can down the road, or do something meaningful now?
Reasonable people will vote to do something now. Unreasonable people will shuffle their feet, quote Rodney King and Green Day and make excuses about why the world shouldn't do anything. They are useless, dangerous idiots.
Sanctions are an important tool in our arsenal. Economic sanctions should be so tight that Iran has to have air smuggled into the country.
Iran's economy already is teetering on the edge. I say we give it a giant shove, push it off the cliff and into the abyss.
While the noose of economic sanctions is tightened even further around the throat of Iran, plans should be developed and implemented that make it very unhealthy to be an Iranian nuclear scientist. Let's leave that head-drilling task to the Israeli Mossad. How the Mossad does it is its business. And a fine business it is.
In the event that Hitler No. 2 launches a military strike against Israel because of the economic sanctions or for any other reason, let's hope our military has plans to destroy every critical power-generation station, its communication and electronics grids, key bridges and other critical infrastructure. Iran will need to be reduced to the pre-Stone Age. Let's make it so AA batteries don't even work in Iran.
Just as Germany and Japan needed to be reduced to rubble to get their minds right, Iran cannot be allowed, under any circumstances, to develop a nuclear weapon. The world is dangerous enough without having to contend with a voodoo kook who has stated he wants to wipe Israel off the map.
Hitler's Nazi death machine cost the world millions of innocent lives. Let's not make the same deadly mistake twice. Coiled rattlesnakes strike if you give them the chance. Shoot them first.
Ted Nugent is an unstoppable American rock 'n' roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is author of "Ted, White & Blue: The Nugent Manifesto" and "God, Guns and Rock 'N' Roll" (Regnery Publishing).
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public