- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
AP source: Lindsay Lohan released from rehab
Question of the Day
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF. (AP) - A source familiar with Lindsay Lohan's criminal case says the actress has been released from rehab but will not appear at a Wednesday morning court hearing.
The source, who is familiar with the case but not authorized to speak publicly due to the sensitivity of her treatment, says Lohan will now enter a rigorous outpatient rehab program.
The actress' release on Tuesday came after she spent 23 days of a three month sentence in a rehab program at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. She entered that facility early on Aug. 2 after spending 14 days of a three-month sentence in jail for violating her probation in a 2007 drug case.
A prosecutor and Lohan's defense attorney will discuss the next steps in the "Mean Girls" star's case at a court hearing Wednesday morning in Beverly Hills.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world