- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Orioles activate reliever Johnson from 60-day DL
Question of the Day
The move was made Friday before Baltimore opened a series against the Los Angeles Angels. Johnson had been sidelined since May 28 because of inflammation in his right elbow.
Johnson was 1-1 with one save and a 6.22 ERA in 10 appearances before the injury. He fills the roster spot vacated when right-hander Armando Gabino was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk after Thursday night’s loss to the Chicago White Sox.
This is Johnson’s fifth season with the Orioles. The right-hander was 4-6 with a 4.11 ERA and 10 saves in 64 relief appearances last season. He spent his first two big league seasons as a starter and was converted into a reliever in 2008, when he pitched 68 2-3 innings in 54 outings without allowing a home run.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq