- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Reds’ Bruce has first 3-HR game
Question of the Day
CINCINNATI (AP) - Reds outfielder Jay Bruce homered in three consecutive at-bats for the best offensive showing of his career.
Bruce hit a solo homer and a three-run shot off Cubs left-hander Tom Gorzelanny on Friday night. He added another solo shot off reliever Scott Maine in the seventh for a 7-1 lead and the first three-homer game of his career.
The three homers came within a five pitches to Bruce and left him with 16 for the season. His five RBIs matched his career high.
He’s the 26th Reds player to hit three in a game _ no one has more. Drew Stubbs also hit three against the Cubs at Wrigley field on July 4.
Bruce batted leadoff for the first time in two years, filling in while second baseman Brandon Phillips recovers from a bruised hand.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener