- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Serbia coach Ivkovic devastated by suspensions
Question of the Day
“We will be playing 10 against 12 in the first two matches and 11 against 12 in the third and that’s a big handicap,” Ivkovic said.
“We have to react in a very short time, I have to prepare my players mentally,” Ivkovic added. “Krstic is our captain, or pillar, our main offensive option. Without Teodosic, we lose a lot of creativity.”
The 66-year-old veteran coach, who also cut center Miroslav Raduljica from the final 12-man squad, noted that the brawl at a game in a warmup tournament took place on Aug. 19 and that FIBA was “perfidious” in waiting to hand out punishment.
Krstic, the Oklahoma Thunder center, said he was not surprised by the suspensions.
“We expected something like this. Of course I am disappointed. Now, it’s behind us and I don’t want to talk about it too much,” Krstic said. “We have to look ahead and think about the upcoming games.”
“They may not have the height, but they are exceptionally athletic and rebound well,” Ivkovic said.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Calling sentence disparities unfair, Obama pardons 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow