- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Tea Party truth
Question of the Day
On Sept. 12, 2009, my friend and I went to the U.S. Capitol to attend the Tea Party rally so we could find out firsthand about the phenomenon.
Even last year, the Tea Party was being depicted by the Obama administration and “progressive” liberals - with the complicit aid of the mainstream media - as a small group of angry, right-wing, racist extremists prone to violence. We found that nothing could be further from the truth.
As we went through the crowd, we quickly realized that the people we were meeting were our friends and neighbors from around the country. That supposedly small, angry group was a vast sea of very friendly Americans concerned about our country.
I soon came to another, more disturbing realization: that Americans are being lied to about their fellow Americans by the administration, so-called progressives and media outlets like ABC, CBS, CNN and NBC. Only Fox News has given an accurate portrayal of the Tea Party.
Now that millions of Americans are aware of the misinformation campaign aimed at them, the rhetoric has changed tone - but the misinformation campaign goes on.
I encourage my fellow Americans to attend the Sept. 12 rally to find out for themselves just what is happening to our country. It is not as the media portrays it, I assure you. Find out for yourself.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public