- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Applause for Sept. 11 bill
The Sept. 11 victims’ families referenced in two recent editorials criticizing Sens. Arlen Specter and Lindsey Graham wrongly implied the senators somehow had failed to stand up for them (“Specter’s vote for an Obama job?” and “Strange Graham-Kagan dance,” Comment & Analysis, July 20 for both).
Contrary to the views expressed in those editorials, both senators have been stalwart and forthright in their support for the efforts of the families of the Sept. 11 victims to bring civil suits against Saudi government actors for their funding and support of international terrorism. The Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act, legislation that these senators have sponsored along with Sen. Charles E. Schumer, is an excellent proposal aimed at strengthening America’s efforts to hold terrorists and their financial supporters accountable for the harm they cause, and it ultimately deters terrorist conduct.
If the editorial board is truly interested in the continuing fight of the Sept. 11 victims’ families to obtain justice and prevent future terrorist attacks on U.S. soil, it should applaud these senators for their support of this measure, call on other members to sponsor the bill and press for its prompt passage.
Mother of Mark K. Bingham, United Airlines Flight 93
Los Gatos, Calif.
Survivor, One World Trade Center
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges