- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Question of the Day
Taliban suicide squad hits U.S. base in south
An initial rocket attack on Kandahar airfield, which left the three wounded, was followed by a suicide-bomb attack that sparked an hour-long gunbattle, officials said.
Wildfires raging out of control
KADANOK, Russia | Some of the devastating wildfires sweeping across western Russia are out of control, Russia’s emergency chief said Tuesday, as fears grew there were not enough firefighters to battle them.
Tens of thousands of troops and volunteers were helping some 10,000 firefighters battle blazes in more than a dozen western Russian provinces, seven of which were under a state of emergency. Emergencies Minister Sergei Shoigu said Tuesday evening there were 246 fires burning on a total of 310,000 acres.
Bashir to visit Libya, despite arrest warrant
KHARTOUM | Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who faces an international warrant for genocide, will start a two-day visit to Libya on Wednesday, Sudan’s official news agency reported.
The president will be accompanied by intelligence chief Mohammed Atta to discuss “bilateral relations” with Libyan leader Moamar Gadhafi, the Suna news agency reported.
Mr. Bashir, who is wanted by the International Criminal Court in connection with genocide and war crimes during the war, was in Libya in March to attend an Arab summit.
Chemical-weapons deadline pushed back
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world