- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Taliban suicide squad hits U.S. base in south
An initial rocket attack on Kandahar airfield, which left the three wounded, was followed by a suicide-bomb attack that sparked an hour-long gunbattle, officials said.
Wildfires raging out of control
KADANOK, Russia | Some of the devastating wildfires sweeping across western Russia are out of control, Russia’s emergency chief said Tuesday, as fears grew there were not enough firefighters to battle them.
Tens of thousands of troops and volunteers were helping some 10,000 firefighters battle blazes in more than a dozen western Russian provinces, seven of which were under a state of emergency. Emergencies Minister Sergei Shoigu said Tuesday evening there were 246 fires burning on a total of 310,000 acres.
Bashir to visit Libya, despite arrest warrant
KHARTOUM | Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who faces an international warrant for genocide, will start a two-day visit to Libya on Wednesday, Sudan’s official news agency reported.
The president will be accompanied by intelligence chief Mohammed Atta to discuss “bilateral relations” with Libyan leader Moamar Gadhafi, the Suna news agency reported.
Mr. Bashir, who is wanted by the International Criminal Court in connection with genocide and war crimes during the war, was in Libya in March to attend an Arab summit.
Chemical-weapons deadline pushed back
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.