- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Does God sanction stem-cell research?
Question of the Day
The Friday article “Slow progress feared in stem cell study” makes it clear that proponents of stem-cell research fear that a drawn-out legal fight will devastate biomedical research for years, while pro-life advocates believe it will spur much-needed work in the adult stem-cell field.
Being just an average citizen, not a scientist, I keep failing to understand why embryonic stem cells are needed when adult stem cells may be available.
It seems to me that embryonic stem-cell research leads to embryonic stem-cell cures and adult stem-cell research leads to adult stem-cell cures. The choice to go one way versus the other clearly depends upon one’s view of God.
According to Jeremiah 1:5 in the Old Testament, God knows His children before they are born. If in the future women choose to get pregnant and to donate or sell their aborted fetuses to cure others, they would have to believe that is God’s will.
That’s not my God; it must be someone else’s.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: How many boondoggles to break the bank?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The problem is unenforced borders
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where are condolences for Jewish teens' deaths?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama welcomes illegals, ignores Americans
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals