- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Question of the Day
The golfer, at the Shady Canyon Golf Course in Irvine, landed a shot in the rough Saturday.
On his next swing, his club snagged a rock, causing a spark that lit the rough ablaze and eventually attracted 150 firefighters to the scene.
Officials said the fire burned through the rough, into vegetation next to the course and over two dry, brushy hillsides.
No charges were filed against the golfer.
Court upholds permit for wind farm
BOSTON | Massachusetts’ highest court has rejected claims by opponents of a wind farm off Cape Cod that the project sidestepped proper permitting.
The Supreme Judicial Court on Tuesday backed a 2009 decision by the state Energy Facilities Siting Board to grant the Cape Wind project permission to build power transmission lines through state waters.
A different finding could have threatened the entire project, which would be the nation’s first offshore wind farm.
Cape Wind applied to the state board after a local board, the Cape Cod Commission, rejected its request.
Project opponents argued that the state board exceeded its authority. They also argued that the board should have considered the entire project’s impact on Massachusetts.
The court said that would have wrongly given the board power to reject the whole project.
Poll: Most residents want mosque moved
ALBANY | A poll released Tuesday found that 71 percent of New Yorkers want the developers of an Islamic center and mosque near ground zero to voluntarily move the project.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors