- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Blue Coat Systems taps Michael Borman as CEO
NeSmith, 48, who held the titles since 1999, was named chief product officer. The company said he will focus on product strategy, direction and development and will remain a member of its board.
Borman was previously CEO of Avocent Corp., a switching systems developer acquired by Emerson Electric in December. He spent 30 years at IBM Corp., where he held several executive positions, including leading global product and sales organizations. He also served as president and chief operating officer at Blue Martini Software.
Last week, Blue Coat Systems posted a fiscal first-quarter profit, reversing a year-ago loss. Adjusted for special items related to an acquisition, net income rose 43 percent to $10 million for the quarter, while revenue rose 13 percent to $116 million for the period.
Blue Coat Systems shares closed Tuesday up 17 cents at $19, but gave back 17 cents to $18.83 in aftermarket electronic trading following the announcement.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
- HARRIS: Redskins left in limbo over $7 million question
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow