- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Manny joins White Sox, not in Tuesday’s lineup
CLEVELAND (AP) - Manny Ramirez is not in the starting lineup for his first game with the Chicago White Sox.
A little late but with all his hair, Ramirez finally joined his new team Tuesday. The White Sox were playing at Cleveland a few hours later.
The White Sox claimed the 12-time All-Star slugger on waivers this week to help their AL playoff push. He arrived at Progressive Field at 3:15 p.m., entering from the Indians players' parking lot, where he used to park during his eight seasons with the Indians. His dreadlocked hair was at its usual length, but could soon be shorter.
The White Sox have an appearance policy, and they expect Ramirez to conform to it and get his dreadlocks trimmed.
A barber was set up in a room adjacent to Cleveland's clubhouse.
Stunt raises carbon-dioxide level with lots of hot air
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again