- Special forces are broken, elite troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
- California church handing out ‘travel cash’ to illegals heading east
- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
Question of the Day
The ad released in Nevada features an unemployed Las Vegas woman denouncing Mrs. Angle’s comment that entitlement programs like unemployment benefits have “spoiled” citizens and made them dependent on government.
“I’m not spoiled, and I don’t want to be dependent on anybody,” the woman, identified as Debra Harding, says in the ad. “If Sharron Angle doesn’t get that, she should be out of work, not people like me.”
A statewide poll last week put the two candidates in a statistical tie with 5 percent of voters undecided and the election nine weeks away.
Both are focusing on Nevada’s forlorn economy, where unemployment reached a record 14.3 percent in July, the highest in the country.
Mrs. Angle said in a May television interview that entitlements “spoiled our citizenry.”
She later said she meant government-assistance programs discourage some unemployed workers from seeking paid jobs.
Angle spokesman Jarrod Agen on Tuesday blamed Nevada’s economic troubles on Mr. Reid.
Traficant has enough signatures to run
YOUNGSTOWN | An elections board in Ohio says a former congressman who served time in federal prison has enough valid signatures to run again for a U.S. House seat.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs