- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
Goldberg, White House crasher tangle after ‘View’
NEW YORK (AP) - A spokesman says White House gatecrasher Michaele Salahi’s (mih-KEL’ sah-LAH’-heez) visit to the ABC daytime talk show “The View” ended in a backstage shouting match with co-host Whoopi Goldberg.
Salahi went to the show Wednesday to promote her appearance on Bravo’s “Real Housewives of D.C.,” which premieres Thursday. Goldberg touched Salahi’s back during an interview to get her attention and urge her to talk about the night she and her husband crashed President Barack Obama’s state dinner last fall.
“The View” spokesman Karl Nilsson says after the show Goldberg and Salahi got into a “heated exchange” when Goldberg learned Salahi had accused the host of hitting her.
Salahi hasn’t responded to an e-mailed request for comment. Bravo spokeswoman Cameron Blanchard says she’s been unsuccessful trying to reach Salahi for her side of the story.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!