- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Permit mosque when Mecca allows church
Question of the Day
Perhaps it is time to get out Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals” and read up on holding people accountable for their actions (“Panel allows mosque close to ground zero,” Page 1, Wednesday). From it we might glean that we should take out ads naming the members of the Landmarks Preservation Commission, who this week voted to let an Islamic cultural center come within blocks of the former site of the World Trade Center.
Perhaps we also ought to picket their homes and offices. That likely would make them very uncomfortable about their votes. Isn’t this what the political left has done numerous times when things have not gone its way?
God helps those who help themselves. It is up to us to stop this. When Muslims let Christians build a church in Mecca in order to foster peace and understanding, I will take this all back and even send a donation toward the mosque’s construction.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Get Breaking Alerts
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Deportations under Obama plunged to just 1 percent last year
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House