- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Ala. native Courtney Cox to do beach spot
Question of the Day
MONTGOMERY, ALA. (AP) - Birmingham, Ala.-born actress Courteney Cox will do an ad touting the state’s beaches that were hit by oil from the Gulf spill.
Lee Sentell, director of the Alabama Tourism Department, said Thursday that the 46-year-old former “Friends” star will make a public service announcement once she completes her latest film project, “Scream 4.” She is starring in ABC’s “Cougar Town,” for which she earned a Golden Globe nomination.
Sentell says the plan is for the actress to share memories of going to Gulf Shores.
Sentell says the spot is expected to air after Alabama beaches are deemed completely clear of oil from the BP spill and before next spring.
He says by next spring, beach ads won’t mention oil.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq