- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
China Unicom to sell Apple’s iPhone with Wi-Fi
Question of the Day
China Unicom Ltd. started selling the iPhone in October but early models lacked wireless connections due to Chinese regulations. Industry analysts say that hurt the iPhone’s appeal in China, where black market versions are widely available.
Wi-Fi is a part of the iPhone’s appeal elsewhere and allows phones to use free wireless networks in cafes and offices to download e-mail and the latest applications.
Beijing barred use of Wi-Fi while the government tried to develop a competing Chinese system, dubbed WAPI but regulations issued this year allow Wi-Fi.
Unicom also sells 16- and 32-gigabyte iPhones without Wi-Fi.
Taiwan’s HTC Corp., which supplies smart phones to Sprint Nextel Corp. and Verizon Wireless in the United States, launched four models for China last month with Unicom rival China Mobile Ltd., the world’s biggest carrier by subscribers.
AP researcher Bonnie Cao in Beijing contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq