3 charged after 70-person Metro fight

Question of the Day

Is it still considered bad form to talk politics during a social gathering?

View results

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Metro spokeswoman says three people have been charged after a fight at a rail station that officials say involved about 70 teenagers and young adults.

Metro spokeswoman Cathy Asato said Saturday that 18-year-old Angelo Nicholas has been charged with disorderly conduct from the 11 p.m. fight at the L’Enfant Plaza station. Transit police also charged a 16 year-old male from D.C. with disorderly conduct and another 16-year-old from D.C. with simple assault.

Asato said four people were taken to local hospitals for injuries related to the fight. One had been released by Saturday afternoon.

One adult male and one minor male remained under observation for minor injuries. Another adult male was seriously injured and also remains under observation.

Asato says no weapons were found on the scene.

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
TWT Video Picks