- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Sanchez, Holmes in playful roommate-gate for Jets
CORTLAND, N.Y. (AP) - The Jets have their first big controversy of training camp: roommate-gate.
Not to worry, though. This is just a friendly _ and playful _ case of revisionist history.
Sanchez said earlier in the week that the wide receiver requested to be his roommate so they could get to know each other better.
Holmes, acquired from Pittsburgh in the offseason, had a different version after the team’s scrimmage Saturday.
“When the guys came around the locker room asking who I wanted to be camp roommates with, I went through the list and everybody was pretty much taken up,” Holmes said with a laugh. “Except for him.”
“After I saw the list and saw that he was the only open,” Holmes said, “I went up to him and said, ‘We’re going to be roommates, bro. Whether you like it or not, we’re roommates.’”
“Santonio said that?” he said, his eyes wide. “I’m going to hold my comment for now, and I’m going to talk to you guys on Monday. If he doesn’t show up to practice, don’t be surprised.”
“Yeah, right,” a smiling Sanchez said. “All right, I’ll remember that.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again