- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- Dems’ new bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
Another prime-time showcase for Vick
Question of the Day
Chicago’s defense found a way to curtail Michael Vick’s exploits. Houston’s D doesn’t resemble the Bears in any way.
Another prime-time showcase for Vick and the Philadelphia Eagles comes Thursday night when they entertain the Texans. Yes, Houston comes off a shutout of Tennessee, but the Titans are in turmoil and nobody is suggesting the Texans should be equated with the Monsters of the Midway.
In fact, they’re usually more like a turnstile than a brick wall. Even with the blanking of the Titans, Houston ranks 28th overall on defense and 31st against the pass.
Vick, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Brent Celek collectively must be saying “Bring them on.”
Philly is a 7-point favorite to remain atop the NFC East.
“For us to go out there and not to be able to win like we wanted to is obviously disappointing,” Jackson said of the loss at Soldier Field. “That’s (neither) here nor there. We’re on to the next one. We have Houston coming in, and that’s what we’re worried about.”
Chicago (minus 3 1/2) at Detroit
Time to give the Bears some Lovie.
BEST BET: BEARS, 17-3
Dallas (plus 5) at Indianapolis
Imagine: Colts were 11-0 a year ago. Now, they could fall to 6-6 as Peyton Manning struggles to carry an injury-ravaged squad.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world