- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
Baseball official: Red Sox meet with OF Crawford
Question of the Day
The Red Sox are targeting Crawford as the centerpiece of their offseason shopping. A major-league official, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the meeting, confirmed that it took place.
A four-time All-Star, Crawford is one of the top players on the free-agent market. He earned $10 million from the Tampa Bay Rays last season while hitting .307 with 47 stolen bases and career bests of 19 homers, 90 RBIs and 110 runs scored.
Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein and owner John Henry did not immediately respond to e-mails asking about the meeting. It was originally reported on a Yahoo! Sports Twitter feed.
Crawford is the longest-tenured player in Rays history. Over nine seasons, he is the franchise’s career leader in batting average, RBIs, hits, doubles, triples, runs scored and stolen bases.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world