- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Blackmon, Beal the Big 12 players of the year
Question of the Day
Last week, Oklahoma switched defenses and used him as a linebacker, even dropping him into pass coverage against Oklahoma State.
“The guy is the absolute best. … He just consistently makes plays. We stood him up and put him in a different position last week because of all their four wide receiver sets,” Sooners coach Bob Stoops said of his sixth different player to win top defensive honors since 2000. “He took to it, he’s out there playing cornerback half the time. The guy can do anything.”
Martinez emerged as Nebraska’s starting quarterback as a freshman and led the 13th-ranked Cornhuskers back to the Big 12 championship game for the second straight year. They’ll face Beal and No. 10 Oklahoma on Saturday night in Arlington, Texas.
David ranks second in the Big 12 with 128 tackles and also has six sacks and nine passes broken up.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq