- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Elton John edits UK newspaper for World AIDS Day
LONDON (AP) - Elton John has turned newspaper editor, overseeing an edition of Britain’s The Independent to mark World AIDS Day.
Wednesday’s paper features more than a dozen pages of stories related to the fight against HIV, including contributions from some of John’s famous friends, including Elizabeth Taylor, Stephen Fry and Bill Clinton.
In an editorial, John highlights progress in the battle against the disease, noting that there has been “a 25 percent drop in new infections across the worst-affected countries since 2001.”
The newspaper’s front page is taken up by a painting of red roses by British artist Gary Hue.
The newspaper said revenue from Wednesday’s edition will go to the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
TWT Video Picks
National Popular Vote Interstate Compact tries end run around the Constitution
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014