- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
‘Glee’ star to be honored by Billboard
NEW YORK (AP) - Even though Lea Michele stars on a television show, her “Glee” role has had such an impact on music this year that Billboard is honoring her with a “triple threat” award.
Michele is due to receive the honor Thursday at Billboard’s annual “Women in Music” luncheon in New York City honoring the Black Eyed Peas’ Fergie.
“We worked so hard over here at ‘Glee’ and we put together these mini-movies every week that is filled with dancing and singing,” said Michele in a phone interview Tuesday. “It feels like such a nice sort of wonderful recognition.”
But even though she’s being honored by a music publication, Michele has no plans to put out a record like her co-star Matthew Morrison, who started working on an album this year.
“I really am taking my time with making an album. … It will be somewhere in my future but right now we are so busy over here,” said Michele during a break in her “Glee” schedule. The show airs on Fox.
She also noted the success of numerous “Glee” soundtracks on the charts this year: “I feel like I’ve already sort of made albums.”
Fox is a unit of News Corp.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.