- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Auburn QB Newton left off FWAA All-America team
“Me not being on somebody’s ballot or All-America team, it really doesn’t affect me because I think there’s a lot of players in the NCAA that (are) very deserving of many awards, many All-Americans,” Newton said during a news conference before the Heisman ceremony. “I can’t be selfish to just say it’s all about me because these guys go out and play excellent football Saturday just like I try to.”
The NCAA ruled that Newton’s father tried to engineer a play-for-pay scheme that would have sent his son to Mississippi State. The NCAA also said there was no evidence Newton or Auburn knew about his father’s dealings, so the star junior was not punished.
Newton led the Southeastern Conference in rushing with 1,409 yards, scored 21 touchdowns and was the nation’s top-rated passer with 2,589 yards passing and 28 TD throws.
The Associated Press All-America team will be released Tuesday.
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again