- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
DT McCoy, LB Black hurt in Bucs’ win over Redskins
Question of the Day
LANDOVER, MD. (AP) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are losing starters at the rate of two per game.
First-round draft pick Gerald McCoy is out for the season with a right biceps injury after getting injured in the first quarter of Tampa Bay’s 17-16 victory over the Washington Redskins on Sunday.
“Those guys are hard to replace,” Tampa Bay cornerback Ronde Barber said. “Gerald’s hard to replace. He was playing so well on the back end of the season. Quincy has been a staple of our ‘D’ for two years now.
The Buccaneers (8-5) lost cornerback Aqib Talib and center Jeff Faine for the season with injuries in last week’s loss to Atlanta. Guard Davin Joseph and safety Cody Grimm suffered season-ending injuries the previous week against Baltimore.
“Don’t let them do the 18-game season this year, because we won’t make it,” Barber said. “I say that jokingly, but we’re on pace right now: We’re losing two guys a week for the season now, and it’s tough.”
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq