- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Question of the Day
Boehner waiting for golf outing
Mr. Boehner says the two have talked a number of times about playing, but it just hasn’t happened yet.
Mr. Boehner says that on the course, “You can’t be somebody that you’re not, because all of you shows up.”
Obama to talk job creation with CEOs
The White House isn’t saying yet who’s on the invitation list for the event at Blair House.
White House spokeswoman Jennifer Psaki says the session will give the president a chance to continue building his relationship with the business community. Mr. Obama has said that’s an area he needs to work on.
Likely areas of discussion will include promoting exports and making sure the next generation is skilled enough to compete in a global marketplace. Other topics include tax reform, government regulation and the country’s medium- and long-term federal deficits.
Axelrod expects no party rival in ‘12
TWT Video Picks
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world